What is the purpose of this course?
This Basic Fatigue Management course is suitable for heavy vehicle drivers who are employees and wish to extend their driving hours from 12 to 14 hours. This course has been upgraded from previous TLIF1007C Apply fatigue management strategies, Unit of Competency.
About the course
This course provides the knowledge and skills required to apply fatigue management strategies, including identifying and acting upon signs of fatigue and implementing appropriate strategies to minimise fatigue during work activities, in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
Licensing, Legislative, Regulatory Considerations
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and act upon signs of fatigue
- Implement strategies to minimize fatigue
- Personal fatigue management strategies are communicated to other relevant people
- Personal warning signs of fatigue are recognised and necessary steps are taken in accordance with workplace procedures to ensure that effective work capability and alertness are maintained
- Potential causes of fatigue are identified and action is taken to minimise their effects in accordance with company procedures
Who is this course for
All drivers that operate truck and trailer combinations over 12 tonne GVM and buses built to seat over 12 adults (including the driver).
This Basic Fatigue Management course is suitable for heavy vehicle drivers who are employees and wish to extend their driving hours from 12 to 14 hours.
What qualification do I get?
On completion, participants are competent in the management of driver fatigue and aware of all compliance requirements.
On successful completion of the course participants receive a Statement of Attainment in TLIF2010A Apply fatigue management strategies.